Want to work with us?
We offer many opportunities for scientists at all career stages to collaborate with our staff and carry out research projects at EMBL-EBI. Many of our teams work with Masters students, undergraduates and others who share a passion for bioinformatics. Some also offer short-term placements such as internships.
We welcome research collaborations of between two and five people who would like to conduct a project at EMBL-EBI. To apply, contact the group leader you would like to work with. You will need to send them:
- A letter stating why you would like to visit, what you hope to achieve, what special facilities you might require and how the visit would benefit your research;
- For each member of the group, a CV and contact information for two references;
- Dates of your intended visit, if known;
- How you intend to fund the visit.
In exceptional circumstances, EMBL-EBI may be able to provide a small stipend, but this is decided on a case-by-case basis. In most cases we are not able to offer financial support for short-term visitors, but we do encourage applicants to apply to the European Molecular Biology Organization’s (EMBO) Short Term Fellowships for help covering a stay at EMBL-EBI under the standard EMBO conditions.
Applications for EMBO Short Term Fellowships need to be supported by an EMBL-EBI staff member and should be completed using the online application form. For more details about EMBO, visit the EMBO home page
Geek for a Week
Our 'Geek for a Week' scheme offers bioinformaticians the chance to work at EMBL-EBI for one intensive week. Participants arrange their own funding, accommodation and travel. If you’d like to give it a try, get in touch with one of the service team leaders listed on our People and Groups page. You will need to send them:
- a letter stating why you would like to visit, what you hope to achieve, what special facilities you might require and how the visit would benefit your research;
- your CV and contact information for two references.