Date:Wednesday 10 October 2018
Venue:European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) - Wellcome Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SD, United Kingdom
Application opens:Tuesday 24 April 2018
Application deadline:Sunday 30 September 2018
Participation:First come, first served
This training will introduce ENA users to:
- Advanced search and the ENA portal API
- Downloading sequence data from the ENA browser:
- Downloading run/analysis data:
- ENA browser tools https://github.com/enasequence/enaBrowserTools
- Exploring links between ENA data (data types and other resources)
- Specific use cases - discussion and assistance
This training runs from 9:30 - 17:00 including breaks. The program breakdown will be announced when closer to the event.
Any ENA user is encouraged to attend. Users with existing data retrieval needs are strongly encouraged to take this as an opportunity to bring along their use case.
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- Explore and search ENA
- Use ENA resources to retrieve relevant information
- Apply the information you have learned to your research
No prior knowledge is required.
This training is aimed at a wide range of users that need to retrieve data from ENA, either occasionally or on a regular basis or that will have retrieval needs closer to the course time. Applicants that are planning to download large volumes of data and bioinformaticians who would like to pass on what they have learnt to their team/institute in data search and retrieval are also encouraged to attend. There will be marine examples and participants from the marine community are encouraged to apply.
Knowledge of the command line would be useful but is not mandatory.
All participants should bring their own laptop.