UniProt: Exploring protein sequence and functional information
This course is a guide to the UniProt resource, including what kinds of information it provides and how to access the data using the UniProt website.
Some knowledge of biology and proteins is required. Some bioinformatics knowledge is useful but not essential.
This course was updated in August 2016.
About this course
- Evaluate what UniProt is and what you can do with it
- Explore the wide range of information provided by UniProt and understand where it comes from
- Be able to access, navigate and search on the UniProt website
- Evaluate the tools provided on the UniProt website
- Comprehend how to access completely sequenced proteomes
- Learn how to download data and know what formats are provided