Searches in IntAct Complex Portal
To do a search you can use the Complex Query Language (CQL), which is based on Lucene's syntax.
- Free text search will look by default for:
- Identifiers, names and synonyms of molecules (protein, gene, small molecule).
- Identifiers, names and synonyms of complexes.
- Cross-references of complexes.
- Search for groups of complexes by using the Gene Ontology. For example, GO:0016491 will search for all complexes annotated with "oxidoreductase activity" and all downstream child terms of this.
- Narrow your initial search result by using the filters on the results page for:
- Molecule type.
- Biological role.
- Search based on exact word matches.
- Ndc8 will not match Ndc80
- Default fields are used when no field is specified (simple search) :
- Interactor identifier(s)
- Interactor alias(es)
- Interaction identifier(s)
- Interaction alias(es)
- Interaction Xref(s)
- Interaction species
- Use OR or space ' ' to search for ANY of the terms in a field
- Use AND if you want to search for those interactions where ALL of your terms are found
- Use quotes (") if you look for a specific phrase (group of terms that must be searched together) or terms containing special characters that may otherwise be interpreted by our query engine (eg. ':' in a GO term)
- Use parenthesis for complex queries (e.g. '(XXX OR YYY) AND ZZZ')
- Wildcards (*,?) can be used between letters in a term or at the end of terms to do fuzzy queries, but never at the beginning of a term
- Optionally, you can prepend a symbol in from of your term.
- + (plus): include this term. Equivalent to AND. e.g. +Ndc80
- - (minus): do not include this term. Equivalent to NOT. e.g. -Ndc80
- Nothing in front of the term. Equivalent to OR. e.g. Ndc80
Complex Query Language (CQL) fields
|Field Name||Searches on||Example|
|species||Interaction Tax ID|
|udate||Last update of the interaction|
|stc||Boolean value to know if the Interactor has stoichiometry information|
|number_participants||Number of participants|