- Course overview
- Search within this course
- What is metabolomics?
- The metabolome and metabolic reactions
- The importance of metabolomics
- Designing a metabolomics study
- Metabolomics resources at EMBL-EBI
- Metabolomics quiz
- Your feedback
- Learn more
Metabolomics resources at EMBL-EBI
EMBL-EBI has three main resources that cover the field of of metabolomics:
- MetaboLights is a general purpose, open access repository for metabolomics studies, their raw experimental data and associated metadata.
- ChEBI is a freely available database of Chemical Entities of Biological Interest, containing manually annotated small molecular entities (molecules not encoded by the genome)
- Reactome is a freely available curated database of pathways and reactions. You can browse Reactome and gain a detailed view of the molecular processes of human biology. Reactome represents biological processes as interconnected molecular events or ‘reactions’, covering all types of biological molecules, primarily proteins and small molecules.