- Course overview
- Search within this course
- Real-time PCR
- What is Next Generation DNA Sequencing?
- RNA sequencing
- Biological interpretation of gene expression data
- Genotyping, epigenetic and DNA/RNA-protein interaction methods
- DNA/RNA-protein interactions
- Quiz: Check your learning
- Your feedback
- Learn more
Performing a RNA-seq experiment
There is no common pipeline for all the different types of RNA-seq. Both the experimental design and the analysis procedures will be different depending on the organism being studied and the research goals. As the primary objective of many biological studies is a comparison of gene expression between samples, we outline a possible workflow for detecting differential expression using RNA-seq (Figure 7).