Ensembl Genomes (non-chordates)
This quick tour provides a brief introduction to Ensembl Genomes, the non-chordate genome browser.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at those with an undergraduate knowledge of a subject related to the life sciences; some background knowledge of genomics would be an advantage.
What will I achieve?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe what Ensembl Genomes is and how it can help you to access and analyse genome-scale data
- Recall where to find out more about the Ensembl Genomes resource
What resources do I need?
There are no specific resources required to complete this course.
- What is Ensembl Genomes?
- What species can I find in Ensembl Genomes?
- What can I do with Ensembl Genomes?
- Getting data from Ensembl Genomes
- Your feedback
- Get help and support on Ensembl Genomes
- Collaborators and funding
How and when to access the course
All our courses are designed with flexibility in mind. You can access them for free at any time, just click on the “Enter Course” button.
It is up to you how you use the course; you can either study the full course or you can focus on sections that are relevant to you. To jump between sections, use the navigation bar on the left or the arrows at the bottom of the page. You can also choose whether to complete the course in one go, or over several visits.
The average time to read through the main body of the course is 0.5 hours (not including exercises and external links). The time may vary depending on your prior knowledge and how you choose to work through the course.
Making the most of the course
Learning something new takes time and practice. We encourage you to:
- Use the activities and quizzes to help you check your learning, recall and apply key concepts. Look out for these icons:-
Activities Quizzes Videos
- Revisit sections as and when you need them. Bookmark relevant pages in your browser or use the navigation panel to jump the relevant section.
Getting help and providing feedback
If something isn’t working or if you have a question get in touch by contacting us at email@example.com
Tell us what you thought about the course (both good and bad!) using the “Feedback and help” button found at the top of each page.
Your feedback helps us ensure we are providing training that is relevant and useful for you.
For help and support on EMBL-EBI resources you can contact the helpdesk directly.
You can explore other training on offer from EMBL-EBI on our website. We offer online courses, webinars, face-to-face courses and offsite training.