- Course overview
- Search within this course
- How to take this course
- Introduction to Ensembl
- Ensembl genes and transcripts
- Variation data in Ensembl and the Ensembl VEP
- Comparing genes and genomes with Ensembl Compara
- Finding features that regulate genes – the Ensembl Regulatory Build
- Data export with BioMart
- Visualising your data in Ensembl
- Your feedback
- Get help and support on Ensembl
Variation data in Ensembl and the Ensembl VEP
Ensembl imports variation and phenotype data from a number of sources. In this webinar, we will learn how to find variants in genes and regions, and access additional information, including population frequencies.
We will then introduce the Variant Effect Predictor (VEP), a tool which allows you to analyse your own variation data for potential effects on genes.
This webinar is presented by Michal Szpak.