- Course overview
- Search within this course
- What is EMPIAR?
- Where does the data come from?
- Searching EMPIAR
- Viewing datasets in EMPIAR
- Downloading data from EMPIAR
- Depositing data in EMPIAR
- Your feedback
- Get help and support on EMPIAR
- Next Steps
Downloading data from EMPIAR
You can download full datasets, image sets or individual images from EMPIAR.
Links to download the data are provided on each page
There are several options for downloading EMPIAR data:
- Smaller files can be downloaded as ZIP files directly from the EMPIAR website via HTTPS stream
- Browsing and downloading files from our FTP server
- For large datasets we recommend using Globus. It uses a reliable extension of FTP protocol for grid computing
- Another alternative for large files is Aspera Connect. This is a small plugin that allows you to resume downloads if they are interrupted and checks that the datasets are complete once the download is finished
|Aspera can be blocked by firewalls at some institutes. In such cases it is necessary to unlock certain ports. Have a look at our FAQ page for more information.|