- Course overview
- Search within this course
- What is bioinformatics?
- The role of public databases
- What makes a good bioinformatics database?
- Tips on managing and sharing data
- Where do I submit my data?
- Bioinformatics as an experimental science
- Your feedback
- Learn more
What makes a good bioinformatics database?
While recording biological data itself is useful, the way in which it is recorded makes a huge difference to the value of the database to scientists and informaticians alike.
In this section we will discuss two different types of public databases and the mechanisms that they use to describe data consistently.