Visualising protein structures online
Litemol is a new, online macromolecular structure viewer at the PDBe, offering users the chance to easily view PDB and EMDB data in their browser and even on mobile devices. This webinar will introduce users to this fantastic new viewer and explain how it can be applied in context of further biological information to better understand the data in the archive.
This webinar was recorded on 22 February 2017. It is best viewed in full screen mode using Google Chrome. The slides from this webinar can be downloaded from our FTP site.
See the EMBL-EBI training pages for a list of upcoming webinars.
This webinar is aimed at scientists with an interest in learning more PDBe's new online molecular structure viewer, Litemol.
No prior knowledge of bioinformatics is required, but an undergraduate level understanding of biology would be useful.
About this course
- Describe the basic features of Litemol.
- Explore electron density maps for x-ray entries.
- View annotation in Litemol.
- Assess ligands with Litemol.
- Explore the linkage between protein sequence and structure.
- View electron microscopy maps with Litemol.