1. Start with the ENA browser Text Search on the homepage.
2. Type the search term Pongo pygmaeus into the text search box.
3. Under Other, expand the Taxa results.
4. Now expand the results for taxa 9600: Pongo pygmaeus (Bornean organutan).
5. You should have the Portal tab open, which lists all the assembled and raw nucleotide sequences available for P. pygmaeus. Scan down to the line showing the details for the number of Protein-coding Sequences available.
Figure 1A. Portal tab showing the number of protein-coding sequences available for P. pygmaeus.
6. Now click on the Navigation tab. You should have the full lineage for P. pygmaeus.
7. Expand the node for Pongo [genus]. You can see that in addition to P. pygmaeus there is also sequence available for P. abelii and for the cross P. albelii x pygmaeus.
Figure 1B. Navigation tab with 'Pongo [genus]' expanded. You can obtain sequence information from each node.
8. Click on Pongo abelii: Sumatran orangutan.
9. You should have the Portal tab open for P. abelii. Scan down to the line showing the details for the number of Protein-coding Sequences available.
Note: if you click on the number of protein-coding sequence entries, you will be provided with a browsable list of these entries.