Network analysis of protein interaction data: an introduction
This course provides an introduction to the theory and concepts of network analysis. It explores some of the features of protein-protein interaction networks and their implications for biology. Finally, the course discusses the tools and strategies that can be used to build and analyse biological networks.
It is recommended that you first complete the course Protein Interactions and their Importance before starting this course.
About this course
- List some types of biological networks.
- Describe topological features of networks.
- Compare different sources of protein-protein interaction data.
- Discuss the features of protein-protein interaction networks and their biological implications.
- Identify tools used for network analysis and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Evaluate different network analysis strategies and know when to use them.