Mouse strains in Ensembl
Ensembl not only provides up-to-date annotation of the mouse reference genome assembly, but also allows you to browse the genomes of 16 other mouse strains. This webinar will consist of a short presentation that will describe the origin of the data, followed by a demonstration on how to use the Ensembl web browser to browse and compare data between the different strains, looking specifically at homology and variation data.
This webinar was recorded on 25 July 2018. It is best viewed in full screen mode using Google Chrome. The slides from this webinar will be available soon.
This webinar is for scientists with an interest in mouse strains, genomes and genotypes. No prior knowledge of bioinformatics is required, but an undergraduate level understanding of biology would be useful.
See the EMBL-EBI training pages for a list of upcoming webinars.
About this course
- Outline the data available in Ensembl and how to access it
- List mouse genomes held in Ensembl
- Locate information about mouse strain genome assemblies
- Locate orthologues of a gene across strains
- Find variant genotypes across strains