Metabolomics data analysis in the Cloud: live online training series
Between 6-8th June 2018, the PhenoMeNal project held a Live Online Training event, via a series of live webinars in which participants were introduced to open-source tools and workflows in the PhenoMeNal infrastructure. The webinars were recorded and combined to form a complete course.
During this course you will learn about:
- The PhenoMeNal project and available infrastructure
- Creating a cloud research environment (e.g running in AWS)
- Tools and workflows in Galaxy
You do not need to watch all of the webinars. You can dip in and out and watch only the webinars you are interested in. To watch the webinars simply choose the webinar of interest from the menu on the left of your screen. Slides and exercises used in the webinars can be downloaded using this link.
PhenoMeNal is a comprehensive and standardised e-infrastructure that supports data processing and analysis workflows for data generated by metabolomics studies. The project is funded by European Commission's H2020 programme (Grant agreement number: 654241).
This course is aimed at researchers in metabolomics and bioinformatics who wish to learn new techniques in metabolomics data analysis using a cloud platform. Participants should have some metabolomics experience and an interest in computational data analysis. Some experience in Galaxy will be helpful, but is not strictly required.
About this course
- Describe the PhenoMeNal cloud research environment and what it can be used for
- Set up and use a PhenoMeNal cloud research environment (CRE)
- Apply an appropriate metabolomics analysis workflow
- Explore and retrieve data from MetaboLights
- Discuss the issues of data sharing and data standards in metabolomics