EMBL-EBI resources: An introduction
EMBL-EBI is the home of the world's most comprehensive range of freely available molecular databases and resources. Our resources help researchers share and analyse data and perform complex queries in many different ways. Join us for a tour of the core data resources at EMBL-EBI.
The talk covers:
- About EMBL-EBI (0:40)
- Exploration of data resources (7:54)
- Navigating the website (11:57)
- Using EBI Search to browse genes and proteins (14:36)
- Literature services through Europe PubMed Central (19:07)
- How to find additional training and support (23:27)
This webinar was recorded on 21st February 2018. It is best viewed in full screen mode using Google Chrome. The slides from this webinar can be downloaded below.
Also see the EMBL-EBI training pages for a list of upcoming webinars.
No prior knowledge of bioinformatics is required, but an undergraduate level understanding of biology would be useful.
About this course
- Discuss some of the major data resources available at EMBL-EBI
- Be able to perform basic searches for genes and proteins using the EBI search