InterPro can also be searched using text (Figure 22), this can take the form of:
- an InterPro identifier, which will open the corresponding entry page
- a word or a short phrase, in which case a list of all InterPro entries with the word or phrase in their title or annotation will be returned
- a Gene Ontology term identifier, which will return a list of all InterPro entries with that GO term
- a structural identifier, which returns a list of InterPro entires that match the protein to which the structural identifer relates
- a UniProtKB protein identifier, which returns a results page similar to a sequence search, but enhanced with UniProtKB information, as is explained in the next section.
Figure 22. To search InterPro using a word, phrase or identifier type it in the text search box as indicated.