Variation: The 1000 Genomes Project
This talk is by Laura Clarke from the 1000 genomes project at the EMBL-EBI.
In this talk, Laura discusses the 1000 genomes project, which aims to document all human variation through NGS sequencing of the genomes of 1000s of individuals from different global populations. In the first half of the talk she covers:
- The strategy used in this project and the rationale for this strategy.
- The progress of the project.
- The pipelines involved to integrate data from a variety of sources.
In the second half of the talk, she discusses how users can access 1000 genomes data, including:
- The 1000 genomes FTP site.
- The 1000 genomes browser.
- The variant effect predictor.
- The variation pattern finder.
- Data slicing.
- The VCF to PED converter, for visualisation of haplotype data.
- The Perl API.