ChEMBL: Exploring bioactive drug-like molecules
This course will show you the content and search facilities for the ChEMBL database. ChEMBL is a database of bioactive drug-like molecules, and contains 2D structures, calculated properties and associated bioactivities.
Some basic understanding of activity endpoints and chemical structures would be useful, but not essential.
About this course
- Evaluate what ChEMBL is and where the data comes from;
- Know how to access ChEMBL and navigate the interface;
- Search ChEMBL using keywords, FASTA sequences and chemical structures;
- Be able to find and download the data you require from the interface;
- Know how to access ChEMBL programmatically.