What can I do with ChEBI?
- Find the correct chemical terminology using name, formula or registry numbers, including CAS, Beilstein/Reaxys and Gmelin Registry Numbers
- Visualise chemical structures and use the chemical substructure and similarity search powered by OrChem, an open source Oracle chemistry plug-in. The facility allows you to draw or upload a chemical structure and then perform exact, substructure, or similarity searches.
- View the relationships between molecules using the ChEBI ontology, either from within a ChEBI entry or using the EBI’s Ontology Lookup Service.
- Bridge the gap between small molecules and the macromolecules with which they interact. Biological databases such as the UniProt Knowledgebase and Reactome allow you to view cross- references to all entries featuring a particular chemical.
- Download chemical structures in MDL Molfile format and manipulate them using a Java applet.
- Request and discuss new entries using the ChEBI submission tool or ChEBI’s SourceForge discussion forum.