UniProt aims to provide the scientific community with the highest quality, most comprehensive and most thoroughly annotated protein resource. Our mission includes curating detailed information on protein function and sequences including isoforms and disease variants. The UniProt knowledgebase contains millions of sequences, a subset of which have been curated by experts who critically review experimental and predicted data for each protein. The remainder are automatically annotated based on rule systems that rely on the expert curated knowledge. You can learn more about UniProt in UniProt: Exploring protein sequence and functional information or our introductory webinar.
- Introduce the UniProt resources (1:12)
- Search the UniProt Knowledgebase (3:40)
- Convert between different database identifiers (11:43)
- Search with proteomics peptides (16:55)
- Show you where to get help (21:47)