What will I learn?
- To understand the structure and concepts of the Gene Ontology
- To learn how to search for small molecules and understand their chemical ontology and associated bioactivity data
- To understand and review the different experimental approaches and the importance of bioinformatics in MS
- To understand what is to be found in a molecular interaction database, alternative data formats and the various tools designed to work with them
- How to browse and retrieve data from the ArrayExpress public repository of functional genomics data.
- How to browse and retrieve data from the Gene Expression Atlas
- How to query for condition-specific gene expression patterns as well as broader exploratory searches for biologically interesting genes/samples correlations
- Some of the examples used in the training will be tailored to stem cell data analysis
Visit the Institute's website
For further information, to register interest, or enquire about hosting a roadshow - please contact the EMBL-EBI Events Team, T: +44 (0)1223 494444.
The Bioinformatics Roadshow is funded by the European Commission under SLING, grant agreement number 226073 (Integrating Activity) within Research Infrastructures of the FP7 Capacities Specific Programme.
|Friday 24 September 2010|
|15:30 - 17:00||Ontologies + ChEBI||Janna Hastings|
|17:00 -17:15||Tea break|
|17:15 - 19:00||Ontologies + ChEBI||Janna Hastings|
|19:00 - 20:00||PICR + OLS||Phil Jones|
|Saturday 25 September 2010|
|10:00 - 12:00||
|12:00 - 13:00||Lunch|
|13:00 - 14:30||Functional Genomics||Ibrahim Emam|
|14:30 - 14:45||Tea break|
|14:45 - 16:45||PRIDE||Phil Jones|
|16:45 - 17:00||Tea break|
|17:00 - 19:00||Reactome||Phil Jones|