We are currently participating in calls for fellowship applications through a number of programmes.
Interdisciplinary postdocs: The EI3POD programme
The EI3POD programme offers an opportunity for fellows to carry out interdisiplinary research in the context of inter-institutional or intersectorial collaborations. You can read more about the programme and apply through the EMBL website.
Wellcome Genome campus: The ESPOD programme
Close collaborations between EMBL-EBI and the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute are common and strongly encouraged by both institutes. Our researchers have easy access to scientific expertise, well-equipped facilities and an active seminar programme. The EMBL-EBI–Sanger Postdoctoral (ESPOD) Programme builds on the collaborative relationship between the two institutes, offering projects that combine experimental (wet-lab) and computational (dry-lab) approaches. You can read more about ESPODs on our postdocs pages.
- Richard Durbin, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, UK
- Jan Korbel, EMBL Heidelberg, Germany (EI3POD call: Cancer genomics)
- Neil Lawrence, University of Sheffield, UK
- Richard Mott, Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, Oxford, UK
- Magnus Nordborg, Gregor Mendel Institute, Vienna, Austria
- Stephen Ossowski, CRG, Spain (EI3POD call: Cancer genomics and gene regulation)
- Gunnar Rätsch, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NYC, US
- Lars Steinmetz, EMBL Heidelberg, Germany (EI3POD call: systems genetics)
- Centre for Therapeutic Target Validation, a collaboration with GSK and the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute (EI3POD call: target validation)