relationship loss: subclass nasal opening (AAO:0000316)[AAO]
A naris that provides one of the small external openings of the head that give passage to air for breathing.
Hole on the nasal capsule that connects the nasal cavity with the exterior.[AAO]
In a tetrapod, the nasal sac has an external naris (homologous with the anterior naris of the fish) (...).[well established][VHOG]
Fish have two pairs of external nostrils.
- surface structure
- ectoderm-derived structure
- capable of part of some respiratory gaseous exchange by respiratory system
- contributes to morphology of some nose
- connects some space surrounding organism
- connects some nasal cavity
- part of some nose