corpus spongiosum of penisGo to external page http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/UBERON_0011183
Corpus spongiosum (also known as corpus cavernosum urethrae in older texts) is the mass of spongy tissue surrounding the male urethra within the penis. [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_spongiosum_penis ]
- UMLS:C1522442 (ncithesaurus:Corpus_Spongiosum)
- Corpus spongiosum (also known as corpus cavernosum urethrae in older texts) is the mass of spongy tissue surrounding the male urethra within the penis.
- The function of the corpus spongiosum in erection is to prevent the urethra from pinching closed, thereby maintaining the urethra as a viable channel for ejaculation. To do this, the corpus spongiosum remains pliable during erection while the corpora cavernosum penis becomes engorged with blood.
- spongiose body of penis
- corpus spongiosum
- corpus cavernosum urethra
- corpus cavernosum urethrae