relationship loss: subclass nasal opening (AAO:0000316)[AAO]
A naris that provides one of the small external openings of the head that give passage to air for breathing.
Hole on the nasal capsule that connects the nasal cavity with the exterior.[AAO]
In a tetrapod, the nasal sac has an external naris (homologous with the anterior naris of the fish) (...).[well established][VHOG]
Fish have two pairs of external nostrils.
- surface structure
- ectoderm-derived structure
- contributes to morphology of some nose
- capable of part of some respiratory gaseous exchange by respiratory system
- connects some space surrounding organism
- connects some nasal cavity
- part of some nose