tunica adventitia of blood vesselGo to external page http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/UBERON_0005734
The outermost layer of a blood vessel, composed mainly of fibrous tissue. [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunica_externa_(vessels) https://www.worldcat.org/search?q=bn%3A0073040584 ]
- UMLS:C0225342 (ncithesaurus:Tunica_Adventitia)
- The outermost layer of a blood vessel, composed mainly of fibrous tissue.
- TODO - note terminological problems. WP says tunica external layer of blood vessel. FMA says tunica externa = adventitia, and is FMA adventitia covers other kinds of vessels. Here we opt for a lengthier name that attempts to disambiguate. There is no precise FMA equivalent, as FMA has tunica externa of arteries, veins, genital ducts etc as siblings
- The outermost layer of a blood vessel, surrounding the tunica media. It is mainly composed of collagen. The collagen serves to anchor the blood vessel to nearby organs, giving it stability[Wikipedia:Tunica_externa_(vessels)].
- tunica adventitia
- adventitia externa
- tunica adventitia of vessel
- tunica externa vasorum
- external coat
- tunica adventitia vasorum