renal medulla interstitiumGo to external page http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/UBERON_0005211
Tissue surrounding the loop of Henle in the renal medulla. [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_marrow_of_ovaryry_interstitium ]
- Tissue surrounding the loop of Henle in the renal medulla.
- It functions in renal water reabsorption by building up a high hypertonicity, which draws water out of the thin descending limb of the loop of Henle and the collecting duct system. This hypertonicity, in turn, is created by an efflux of urea from the inner medullary collecting duct.
- kidney medulla interstitium
- renal medullary interstitium
- renal medullary interstitial tissue
- medullary interstitium
- medullary stroma