prostate gland secretionGo to external page http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/UBERON_0004796
database cross reference
- UMLS:C1709733 (ncithesaurus:Prostate_Gland_Secretion)
- A bodily secretion that is produced by the prostate gland.
has alternative id
has exact synonym
- prostatic fluid
- prostate secretion
- secretion of prostate
- secretion of prostate gland
has obo namespace
has related synonym
- prostate fluid
- A secretion of the prostate this is slightly alkaline fluid, milky or white in appearance. Usually constitutes 20-30% of the volume of the semen along with spermatozoa and seminal vesicle fluid [Wikipedia:Prostate#Secretions]
- Prostatic secretions vary among species. They are generally composed of simple sugars and are often slightly alkaline.