spongiotrophoblast layerGo to external page http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/UBERON_0004021
The structure of the outer structural layer of the rodent placenta[MP]. [ MP : 0004255 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19829370 ]
- The structure of the outer structural layer of the rodent placenta[MP].
- In the absence of direct lineage analysis, it has been assumed, from histological studies and from the continuity of marker gene expression, that the spongiotrophoblast largely derives from the cells of the ectoplacental cone
- spongiotrophoblast layer of placenta
- Forms a compact layer of non-syncytial cells between the labyrinth and the outer giant cells
- restriction to Rodentia may be too strong - we apply it for now as we are inheriting the MP definition