A transitional population of migrating mesenchymal cells that derive from somites and that will become muscle cells. [ AEO : 0001018 ]
This is just here as a test because I lose it
database cross reference
- UMLS:C1513802 (ncithesaurus:Myotome_Region)
uberon_slim, pheno_slim, vertebrate_core
myomeres [ TAO : 0001056 ]
myotomus [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myotome ]
- A transitional population of migrating mesenchymal cells that derive from somites and that will become muscle cells.
- The term 'myotome' is also used to describe the muscles served by a single nerve root / spinal segment - consider adding new class, myomere.
- Portion of the somites giving rise to body wall muscle masses. Kimmel et al, 1995.[TAO]
has exact synonym
has obo namespace
has related synonym
- myotome region
- muscle plate
- In all vertebrates, the skeletal muscle of the body axis is chiefly derived from an early embryonic compartment, known as the myotome.[well established][VHOG]