hippocampal formationGo to external page http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/UBERON_0002421
Hippocampus (proper) plus dentate gyrus and subiculum[definition derived from NIF comments and ontology alignment]. [ https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6601-2165 ]
- UMLS:C0175202 (BIRNLEX:715)
- neuronames:177 (BIRNLEX:715)
- The term hippocampus is often used synonymously with hippocampal formation which consists of the hippocampus proper or Cornu Ammonis, the dentate gyrus and the subiculum
- Hippocampus (proper) plus dentate gyrus and subiculum[definition derived from NIF comments and ontology alignment].
- BTO:0000601 is placed here since it includes the DG. GO also includes dentate gyrus development as part of hippocampus development, so we assume when GO says 'hippocampus' it means 'hippocampal formation'. In ABA HPF = (.. subiculum) + HIP, HIP = DG + AH.
- hippocampus (Crosby)
- primal cortex
- major hippocampus
- formatio hippocampi