- UMLS:C0006121 (BIRNLEX:1565)
- UMLS:C0006121 (ncithesaurus:Brain_Stem)
- null:http://braininfo.rprc.washington.edu/centraldirectory.aspx?ID=236 (BIRNLEX:1565)
uberon_slim, efo_slim, pheno_slim, vertebrate_core
'brainstem' is a loose term that sometimes refers to the ventral parts o the brain except for any part of the telencephalon - sometimes it includes the diencephalon or subpallial telencephalon structures (ISBN:0471888893). Here we use it in a more restriced sense, to include only the medulla oblongata, pons (when present) and the midbrain tegmentum (following the ZFA definitions).
Stalk-like part of the brain that includes amongst its parts the medulla oblongata of the hindbrain and the tegmentum of the midbrain[ZFA,MP,generalized].
Multi-tissue structure that has as its parts the medulla oblongata of the hindbrain and the tegmentum of the midbrain[ZFA,adopted][ZFA:0001707].
the stalk-like part of the brain that comprises the midbrain (aka mesencephalon), the pons (aka pons Varolii), and the medulla oblongata, and connects the cerebral hemispheres with the cervical spinal cord[MP]
Multi-tissue structure that has as its parts the medulla oblongata of the hindbrain and the tegmentum of the midbrain.[TAO]
lamina medullaris incompleta pallidi
lamella pallidi incompleta
accessory medullary lamina of pallidum
lamina medullaris accessoria
lamina pallidi incompleta
- regional part of brain
- structure with developmental contribution from neural crest
- has part some midbrain tegmentum
- part of some brain
- continuous with some spinal cord
- has part some medulla oblongata
- contributes to morphology of some brain