An emulsion of fat globules within a fluid that is secreted by the mammary gland during lactation. [ http://orcid.org/0000-0002-6601-2165 ]
- UMLS:C1511310 (ncithesaurus:Breast_Fluid_or_Secretion)
- An emulsion of fat globules within a fluid that is secreted by the mammary gland during lactation.
- to axiomatize the different forms of mammary gland secretion an ontology of the phases of pregnancy/lactation is required. Using the existing GO def of lactation is circular.
- ncit:Milk refers specifically to cow milk
- mammary gland milk
- The detailed similarities of mammary glands in living monotremes, marsupials, and eutherians argue for a monophyletic origin of these glands, perhaps by the combination of parts of preexisting sebaceous and sweat glands.[well established][VHOG]