The small curved bones that extends horizontally along the lateral wall of the nasal passage. [ MP : 0002244 https://www.worldcat.org/search?q=bn%3A0-683-40008-8 ]
- UMLS:C1266928 (ncithesaurus:Nasal_Turbinate)
- The small curved bones that extends horizontally along the lateral wall of the nasal passage.
- FMA considers nasal concha and nasal concha of ethmoid bone to be synonymous. We disambiguate these here
- ossified nasal turbinate
- turbinal bone
- ossified nasal turbinal
- turbinate bone
- ossified turbinate
- Turbinals are only ossified in birds and derived synapsids.
- In humans, the turbinates divide the nasal airway into three groove-like air passages -and are responsible for forcing inhaled air to flow in a steady, regular pattern around the largest possible surface of cilia and climate controlling tissue.
- nasal turbinal
- neurocranium bone
- endochondral bone
- zone of bone organ
- structure with developmental contribution from neural crest
- only in taxon some Amniota
- in taxon some (not Dinosauria)
- transformation of some nasal concha cartilage
- composed primarily of some bone tissue
- develops from some nasal concha cartilage