common carotid artery plus branchesGo to external page http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/UBERON_0001530
A bilaterally paired branched artery that originates from the aortic arches and divides into and includes as parts the internal and external carotid arteries[cjm]. [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_carotid_artery ]
- UMLS:C0162859 (ncithesaurus:Common_Carotid_Artery)
uberon_slim, pheno_slim, human_reference_atlas
- This class represents the adult and developing structures'
- A bilaterally paired branched artery that originates from the aortic arches and divides into and includes as parts the internal and external carotid arteries[cjm].
- in birds and reptiles, develops from arch III and parts of ventral and dorsal aortae
- we follow the FMA and treat the artery as a tree-structure - here we include the internal and external as parts. For the part that excludes the branches, see 'trunk of common carotid artery'
- carotid artery
- carotid artery system
- common carotid artery
- trunk of common carotid tree
- a. carotis communis