skeletal muscle tissueGo to external page http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/UBERON_0001134
Muscle tissue that consists primarily of skeletal muscle fibers. [ https://github.com/obophenotype/uberon/issues/324 ]
- UMLS:C0242692 (ncithesaurus:Skeletal_Muscle_Tissue)
uberon_slim, pheno_slim, vertebrate_core
- Muscle tissue that consists primarily of skeletal muscle fibers.
- TODO - add skeletal muscle organ? See GO:0060538 skeletal muscle organ development. Todo - group FBbt:00005073 - somatic muscle.
- Muscle, composed of long cylindrical, multinucleated cells that attaches to the skeleton via tendons.[TAO]
- Tissue which consists of skeletal muscle fibers surrounded by endomysium. Examples: Skeletal muscle tissue of biceps, Skeletal muscle tissue of diaphragm[FMA]
- skeletal muscle
- somatic muscle
- skeletal muscle system
- This result implies the following views in terms of evolutionary differentiation: (1) Arthropod striated muscle and vertebrate skeletal and cardiac muscles share a common ancestor. In other words, they did not evolve independently (...) (5) The divergence of vertebrate skeletal and cardiac muscles/vertebrate smooth muscle and nonmuscle is at least before that of vertebrates/arthropods. In other words, emergence of skeletal and cardiac musle type tissues preceded the vertebrate/arthropod divergence (ca. 700 MYA).[well established][VHOG]