Mixed phenotype acute leukemiaGo to external page http://www.orpha.net/ORDO/Orphanet_530995
A group of rare acute leukemias of ambiguous lineage characterized by the presence of separate populations of blasts of more than one lineage (bilineal), a single population of blasts coexpressing antigens of more than one lineage (biphenotypic), or a combination thereof. The diagnosis relies on immunophenotyping, the T-cell component being characterized by strong expression of cytoplasmic CD3, usually in the absence of surface CD3, the B-cell component expressing CD19, almost always together with CD10, cCD79a, CD22, or PAX5, while the most specific hallmark of the myeloid component is the presence of myeloperoxidase in the blast cytoplasm.
- MeSH:D015456 (BTNT (ORPHA code's Broader Term maps to a Narrower Term))
- OMIM:601626 (NTBT (ORPHA code's Narrower Term maps to a Broader Term))
- ICD-10:C95.0 (NTBT (ORPHA code's Narrower Term maps to a Broader Term))
- MedDRA:10067399 (BTNT (ORPHA code's Broader Term maps to a Narrower Term))
- present_in some Worldwide and has_point_prevalence_range some Unknown_epidemiological_range
- part_of some Acute leukemia of ambiguous lineage