Privacy Notice for Binder for BioExcel Building Blocks
This Privacy Notice explains what personal data is collected by the specific EMBL-EBI service you are requesting, for what purposes, how it is processed, and how we keep it secure.
Note that this service collects personal data directly provided by the user, and also collects personal data from users that is provided by other organisations.
1. Who controls your personal data and how to contact us?
The EMBL data controller's contact details are:
Rolf Apweiler and Ewan Birney, EMBL-EBI Directors
EMBL-EBI, Wellcome Genome Campus, CB10 1SD Hinxton, Cambridgeshire, UK.
The EMBL Data Protection Officer's contact details are:
EMBL Data Protection Officer
Tel: +49 6221 387-0
EMBL Heidelberg, Meyerhofstraße 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
2. Which is the lawful basis for processing your personal data?
Processing your personal data is necessary for our legitimate interest of allowing the day-to-day management, operation and functioning of EMBL.
3. What personal data do we collect? How do we use this personal data?
We collect the following personal data:
We will use the personal data:
4. What personal data is provided by other organisations? How do we use this personal data?
GitHub, Inc. provides the following personal data:
And it is used to:
5. Who will have access to the personal data provided by other organisations?
The personal data will be disclosed to:
- Authorised EMBL-EBI staff.
6. Will your personal data be transferred to third countries (i.e. countries not part of EU/EAA) and/or international organisations?
There are no personal data transfers to third countries or to international organisations.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
Any personal data directly obtained from you will be retained for as long as you make use of the service.
Any personal data not directly obtained from you will be retained while the service is running. EMBL-EBI will keep the personal data for the minimum amount of time possible to ensure legal compliance and the possibility to undergo internal and external audits.
8. Your rights regarding your personal data
You have the right to:
- Not be subject to decisions based solely on an automated processing of data (i.e. without human intervention) without you having your views taken into consideration.
- Request at reasonable intervals and without excessive delay or expense, information about the personal data processed about you. Under your request we will inform you in writing about, for example, the origin of the personal data or the preservation period.
- Request information to understand data processing activities when the results of these activities are applied to you.
- Object at any time to the processing of your personal data unless we can demonstrate that we have legitimate reasons to process your personal data.
- Request free of charge and without excessive delay rectification or erasure of your personal data if we have not been processing it respecting the EMBL Internal Policy for Data Protection.
It must be clarified that rights 4 and 5 are only available whenever the processing of your personal data is not necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Perform a task carried out in the public interest.
- Exercise authority as a data controller.
- Archive for purposes in the public interest, or for historical research purposes, or for statistical purposes.
- Establish, exercise or defend legal claims.