Data collection: UniProt Knowledgebase
- Date of creation: 2006-08-14 19:38:06 GMT
- Date of last modification: 2017-06-14 15:18:41 GMT
Examples of usage
Here are some possible annotations using this data collection. These are classified by format (like SBML, CellML or BioPAX) and show the element(s) (tags for XML based formats) which can have a MIRIAM URI -using the current data collection- to bring extra knowledge about the entity described.
Those examples are purposely limited to a few formats and domains and do not reflect the wide scope of usage of MIRIAM URIs!
- parameter (A parameter is used to define a symbol associated with a value; this symbol can then be used in mathematical formulas.)
- species (A species refers to a pool of reacting entities of a specific species type that take part in reactions and are located in a specific compartment.)
- speciesType (The term species type refers to reacting entities independent of location. These include simple ions (e.g., protons, calcium), simple molecules (e.g., glucose, ATP), large molecules (e.g., RNA, polysaccharides, and proteins), and others.)
- physicalEntity (A Physical Entity is an entity with a physical structure. A pool of entities, not a specific molecular instance of an entity in a cell.)
For complete details about an element of a specific format, please always refer to the official specifications.