The International Histocompatibility Workshop cell lines are a repository of HLA-typed reference material collected as part of the IHW This is a specialised collection of around 650 reference cell lines, originating from laboratories all over the world, to be used in the investigation of the Human Leucocyte Antigen (HLA) system.
The IPD-IMGT/HLA Cell Query tool can be used to perform complex queries on the IHW cell database. Select the search field from the drop down menu and enter the search term in the box provided. Queries can be combined using the AND/OR button in the top corner.
- Wild cards are automatically added to the queries.
- Please note the search tool is not case sensitive.
- The IHW Cell ID is contained in the cell aliases and can be queried as part of the Name field.
- To view all IHW Cells simply enter IHW in the Name search filed.
- The DNA Typing of the cell is based on the submitting authors own typing techniques and where appropriate uses NMDP Allele Codes to shorten long strings of alleles.
- All HLA typings use the 2010 Nomenclature system, pre-2010 nomenclature designations will not work.
For more information please see the help file.
Source of Cell Typing Data
The typing listed in the cells is derived from information provided at the time of submission. For some cells additional information has been added based on the following references:
- Description of the reference panel of B-lymphoblastoid cell lines for factors of the HLA system: The B-cell line panel designed for the Tenth Histocompatibility WorkshopIn Immunobiology of HLA Vol. I : Histocompatibility Testing 1987. Ed. B Dupont, Pub. Springer-Verlag (1989) 11-19
- DNA typing of the HLA class II genes in B-lymphoblastoid cell lines homozygous for HLAIn HLA 1991 Vol. 1 Eds. K Tsuji, M Aizawa, T Sasasuki Pub. Oxford University Press, Oxford (1992) 419-425
- Characterization of 4AOHW cell line panel including new data for the 10IHW panelHuman Immunology 1993 Sep;38(1):3-16 (Abstract)
The International Histocompatibility Workshop cell panelIn Genetic diversity of HLA. Functional and medical implications. Vol. 1 Ed. D Charron, Pub. EDK, Paris (1997), 26-28 & 633-647
- 13th IHWS Shared Resources Joint Report. IHWG Cell and Gene Bank and reference cell panelsIn Immunobiology of the Human MHC. In Immunobiology of the Human MHC. Proceedings of the 13th International Histocompatibilty Workshop and Conference. Ed JA Hansen, Vol I, IHWG Press, Seattle, WA, USA (2006) 523-55