Pathways & interactions
Nucleoside phosphorylase superfamily (IPR035994)
Short name: Nucleoside_phosphorylase_sf
- Nucleoside phosphorylase domain (IPR000845)
- Purine nucleoside phosphorylase DeoD-type (IPR004402)
- Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) (IPR010044)
- MTA/SAH nucleosidase (IPR010049)
- 5-methylthioadenosine/S-adenosylhomocysteine nucleosidase, putative (IPR010050)
- Uridine phosphorylase (IPR010058)
- Uridine phosphorylase, eukaryotic (IPR010059)
- Xanthosine phosphorylase (IPR010943)
- AMP nucleosidase, putative (IPR010944)
- Purine nucleoside phosphorylase (IPR011268)
- Putative purine nucleotide phosphorylase (IPR011269)
- Purine nucleoside phosphorylase I, inosine/guanosine-specific (IPR011270)
- AMP nucleosidase (IPR011271)
- Hopanoid-associated phosphorylase HpnG (IPR017831)
- Futalosine hydrolase (IPR019963)
Phosphorylases with this domain include:
- Purine nucleoside phosphorylase (EC:184.108.40.206) (PNP) from most bacteria (gene deoD), which catalyses the cleavage of guanosine or inosine to respective bases and sugar-1-phosphate molecules [PMID: 8534998].
- Uridine phosphorylase (EC:220.127.116.11) (UdRPase) from bacteria (gene udp) and mammals, which catalyses the cleavage of uridine into uracil and ribose-1-phosphate, the products of the reaction are used either as carbon and energy sources or in the rescue of pyrimidine bases for nucleotide synthesis [PMID: 7744869].
- 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (EC:18.104.22.168) (MTA phosphorylase) from Sulfolobus solfataricus [PMID: 7929153].
- Purine nucleoside phosphorylase (EC:22.214.171.124) (PNP) from mammals as well as from some bacteria (gene deoD). This enzyme catalyzes the cleavage of guanosine or inosine to respective bases and sugar-1-phosphate molecules [PMID: 2104852].
- 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (EC:126.96.36.199) (MTA phosphorylase) from eukaryotes [PMID: 8687427].
Signatures from InterPro member databases are used to construct an entry.
- SSF53167 (SSF53167)