Ribonucleotide reductase-like (IPR012348)
Short name: RNR-like
- Ribonucleotide reductase small subunit family (IPR000358)
- Fatty acid desaturase, type 2 (IPR005067)
- Ferritin-like superfamily (IPR009078)
- Methane/phenol monooxygenase, hydroxylase component (IPR012078)
- Benzoyl-CoA oxygenase, B subunit (IPR017635)
- Ribonucleoside reductase subunit beta, NrdF (IPR026494)
- R2-like ligand binding oxidase (IPR033908)
- Ribonucleotide reductase small subunit (IPR033909)
- Ribonucleotide reductase small subunit, Herpesvirus (IPR034715)
The R2 protein of ribonucleotide reductase catalyses the reduction of all four ribonucleotides to deoxyribonucleotides for use in DNA synthesis. This catalysis involves generating and storing a tyrosyl radical, which is essential for ribonucleotide reduction. The crystal structure consists of a core of four helices in a closed bundle with a left-handed twist and one crossover connection, and a bimetal-ion centre in the middle of the bundle [PMID: 8876648].
This entry represents proteins that are structurally related to the R2 protein of class I ribonucleotide reductase, including the alpha and beta subunits of methane monooxygenase, and delta 9-stearoyl-acyl carrier protein desaturase [PMID: 8749363].
- G3DSA:1.10.620.20 (G3DSA:1.10.620.20)