126.96.36.199 - Alkaline phosphatase
- Alkaline phosphomonoesterase.
phosphate monoester + H2O = an alcohol + phosphate
There have been suggestions that the magnesium ion in the active site is essential for catalysis (PMID:10873454), but more recent evidence suggests it is not directly involved in the catalytic mechanism (PMID:18851975).
|AA||Uniprot||Uniprot Resid||PDB||PDB Resid|
dephosphorylation, intermediate formation, intermediate terminated, enzyme-substrate complex formation, proton transfer, native state of enzyme regenerated, enzyme-substrate complex cleavage, overall reactant used, hydrolysis, bimolecular nucleophilic substitution, overall product formed
Organism KM Value [mM] Substrate Comment Escherichia coli 0.00002 4-nitrophenyl phosphate mutant enzyme D101A/R166S/E322Y/K328A, at pH 8.0 and 25°C Burkholderia cenocepacia 40.8 O-phosphoserine Vibrio splendidus 67 4-nitrophenyl phosphate with 0.5 M NaCl, at pH 10.5 and 25°C Cobetia marina 1200 4-nitrophenyl phosphate 25°C, pH 10.3, Tris-HCl buffer Dioszegia sp. 2400 4-nitrophenyl phosphate at pH 9.0 and 47°C
Organism Temperature Range Comment antarctic bacterium 0 - 25 0°C: 38% of maximal activity, 25°C: optimum Dioszegia sp. 4 - 55 4°C: 43% of maximal activity, 10°C: 67% of maximal activity, 30°C: about 88% of maximal activity, 55°C: about 60% of maximal activity Bacillus sp. (in: Bacteria) 5 - 60 5°C: 27% of maximal activity, 60°C: about 60% of maximal activity Scrobicularia plana 20 - 60 Penicillium chrysogenum 20 - 60 20°C: about 35% of maximal activity, 60°C: about 30% of maximal activity
Organism pH Range Comment Escherichia coli 5 - 10 activity profile of free enzyme is comparable to immobilized enzyme Homo sapiens 6 - 9 pH 6.0: about 30% of maximal activity, pH 9.0: about 15% of maximal activity Penaeus merguiensis 6 - 12 the enzyme retains a high activity (more than 50%) in the pH range from pH 6.0-12.0 Cyberlindnera jadinii 7 - 10 pH 7.0: about 20% of maximal activity, pH 10.0: about 90% of maximal activity Geobacillus stearothermophilus 7 - 10.5 pH 7.0: about 10% of maximal activity, pH 10.5: about 35% of maximal activity
- Synthesis, kinetic studies and in-silico investigations of novel quinolinyl-iminothiazolines as alkaline phosphatase inhibitors.
- Diagnostic value of alkaline phosphatase and bone-specific alkaline phosphatase for metastases in breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- What about Alkaline Phosphatase in Endocarditis?
- Alkaline phosphatase: Need for an earlier time-table.
- Alkaline Phosphatase and Hyperphosphatasemia in Vitamin D Trial in Healthy Infants and Toddlers.
- Interactions with amyloid beta peptide and acetylcholinesterase increase alkaline phosphatase activity.
- Positive association between alkaline phosphatase and arteriosclerosis: a cross-sectional study.
- Alkaline phosphatase triggered gold nanoclusters turn-on fluorescence immunoassay for detection of Ochratoxin A.
- The role of intestinal alkaline phosphatase in the development of necrotizing enterocolitis.
- Extraction, purification, and in vitro biological activities of intestinal alkaline phosphatase from pig intestine mucous waste
- Validation of metrological traceability of the new generation of Abbott Alinity alkaline phosphatase assay.