18.104.22.168 - UDP-N-acetylglucosamine diphosphorylase
- N-acetylglucosamine-1-phosphate uridyltransferase.
- UDP-N-acetylglucosamine pyrophosphorylase.
H(+) + N-acetyl-alpha-D-glucosamine 1-phosphate + UTP = diphosphate + UDP-N-acetyl-alpha-D-glucosamine
There are no Cofactors for this Enzyme
- The C-terminal domain converts glucosamine-1-phosphate to N-acetyl glucosamine-1-phosphate using Acetyl CoA as the donor
- The N-terminal domain (this entry) utilises UTP to activate the N-acetyl glucosamine-1-phosphate forming UDP-acetyl-glucosamine and pyrophosphate.
The bifunctional enzyme GlmU is able to catalyse two steps in the pathway of bacterial cell wall synthesis:
Interest in the processes catalysed by this enzyme stems from its potential as an antibiotic target.
|AA||Uniprot||Uniprot Resid||PDB||PDB Resid|
overall reactant used, overall product formed, proton transfer, bimolecular nucleophilic substitution, inferred reaction step
There are no kinetic parameters information for this Enzyme
- N-glycolylated carbohydrates in nature.
- Genomic reconstruction and features of glycosylation pathways in the apicomplexan Cryptosporidium parasites.
- Chimaeribacter arupi a new member of the Yersineacea family has the characteristics of a human pathogen.
- In Silico Probiogenomic Characterization of Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. lactis A4 Strain Isolated from an Armenian Honeybee Gut.
- Application of proteomics to determine the mechanism of ozone on sweet cherries (Prunus avium L.) by time-series analysis.
- Computer-Based Identification of Potential Druggable Targets in Multidrug-Resistant Acinetobacter baumannii: A Combined In Silico, In Vitro and In Vivo Study.
- Transcriptome-based strategies for identifying aluminum tolerance genes in popcorn (Zea mays L. var. everta).
- Silencing uridine diphosphate N-acetylglucosamine pyrophosphorylase gene impairs larval development in Henosepilachna vigintioctopunctata.
- Transcriptomic analysis of albendazole resistance in human diarrheal parasite Giardia duodenalis.
- In vitro and in silico assessment of probiotic and functional properties of Bacillus subtilis DE111®.
- Human Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae infection via bath water - case report and genome announcement.