188.8.131.52 - Glutathione-disulfide reductase
- NADPH-glutathione reductase.
- Glutathione reductase.
- NADPH:oxidized-glutathione oxidoreductase.
- GSH reductase.
- Glutathione S-reductase.
- GSSG reductase.
- NADPH-GSSG reductase.
- Glutathione reductase (NADPH).
2 glutathione + NADP(+) = glutathione disulfide + H(+) + NADPH
The structure of the ubiquitous enzyme glutathione reductase (EC 184.108.40.206), which helps protect cells from oxidative stress, is similar to trypanothione reductase (EC 220.127.116.11), lipoamide dehydrogenase (EC 18.104.22.168), higher eukaryotic thioredoxin reductase (EC 22.214.171.124) and mercuric reductase (126.96.36.199).
|AA||Uniprot||Uniprot Resid||PDB||PDB Resid|
overall product formed, overall reactant used, proton transfer, enzyme-substrate complex formation, native state of cofactor regenerated, intermediate formation, bimolecular nucleophilic substitution, intermediate terminated, aromatic bimolecular nucleophilic addition, aromatic unimolecular elimination by the conjugate base, native state of enzyme regenerated, rate-determining step, cofactor used, intermediate collapse, hydride transfer, enzyme-substrate complex cleavage
There are no kinetic parameters information for this Enzyme
- MicroRNA-1298-5p in granulosa cells facilitates cell autophagy in polycystic ovary syndrome by suppressing glutathione-disulfide reductase.
- MicroRNA-362-5p promotes the proliferation and inhibits apoptosis of trophoblast cells via targeting glutathione-disulfide reductase.
- A novel soxO gene, encoding a glutathione disulfide reductase, is essential for tetrathionate oxidation in Advenella kashmirensis.
- Glutathione and peroxisome redox homeostasis.
- The impact of dietary nitrates and acrylamide intake on systemic redox status in healthy young adults.
- Modulation in gene expression and enzyme activity suggested the roles of monodehydroascorbate reductase in development and stress response in bread wheat.
- iTRAQ-based quantitative proteomic analysis of the antibacterial mechanism of silver nanoparticles against multidrug-resistant Streptococcus suis.
- Rapid and sensitive electrochemical detection of oxidized form of glutathione in whole blood samples using Bi-metallic nanocomposites.
- Glutathionyl Hemoglobin and Its Emerging Role as a Clinical Biomarker of Chronic Oxidative Stress.
- Oxidation of Arabidopsis thaliana COX19 Using the Combined Action of ERV1 and Glutathione
- Evaluation of the salivary level of glutathione reductase, catalase and free thiol in patients with oral lichen planus.