18.104.22.168 - Glutamate dehydrogenase
- Glutamic dehydrogenase.
H2O + L-glutamate + NAD(+) = 2-oxoglutarate + H(+) + NADH + NH4(+)
There are no Cofactors for this Enzyme
|AA||Uniprot||Uniprot Resid||PDB||PDB Resid|
inferred reaction step, cofactor used, deamination, intermediate formation, hydride transfer, aromatic bimolecular nucleophilic addition, bimolecular nucleophilic addition, proton transfer, elimination (not covered by the Ingold mechanisms), overall reactant used, overall product formed
Organism KM Value [mM] Substrate Comment Halobacterium salinarum 0.0018 L-glutamate pH 9.0, 40°C, recombinant enzyme in presence of DMSO [Clostridium] symbiosum 0.29 NAD+ mutant F232S/P262S/D263K , pH and temperature not specified in the publication Pyrobaculum calidifontis 3.2 L-glutamate pH 10.5, 50°C, recombinant enzyme Arabidopsis thaliana 5.22 L-glutamate with NAD+, recombinant enzyme, pH and temperature not specified in the publication
Organism Temperature Range Comment [Clostridium] symbiosum 8 - 37 decreasing temperature results in much lower enzyme activity Psychrobacter sp. 10 - 43 10°C: about 45% of maximal activity, 43°C: about 75% of maximal activity Peptoniphilus asaccharolyticus 40 - 80 40°C: about 50% of maximal activity, 80°C: about 40% of maximal activity Halobacterium salinarum 40 - 90 temperature profile, overview
- Glutamate dehydrogenase: Potential therapeutic targets for neurodegenerative disease.
- Glutamate dehydrogenase combined with ferrochelatase as a biomarker of liver injury induced by antituberculosis drugs.
- Coenzyme-binding pathway on glutamate dehydrogenase suggested from multiple-binding sites visualized by cryo-electron microscopy.
- Glutamate dehydrogenase hyperinsulinism: mechanisms, diagnosis, and treatment.
- The Key Role of Glutamate Dehydrogenase 2 (GDH2) in the Control of Kernel Production in Maize (Zea mays L.).
- Glutamate dehydrogenase 1: A novel metabolic target in inhibiting acute myeloid leukaemia progression.
- Decursinol Angelate Inhibits Glutamate Dehydrogenase 1 Activity and Induces Intrinsic Apoptosis in MDR-CRC Cells.
- Structural Evolution of Primate Glutamate Dehydrogenase 2 as Revealed by in Silico Predictions and Experimentally Determined Structures
- The Mitochondrial Protein MitoNEET as a Probe for the Allostery of Glutamate Dehydrogenase.
- Structural and functional studies of Arabidopsis thaliana glutamate dehydrogenase isoform 2 demonstrate enzyme dynamics and identify its calcium binding site.
- Synergistic, long-term effects of glutamate dehydrogenase 1 deficiency and mild stress on cognitive function and mPFC gene and miRNA expression.