18.104.22.168 - Enoyl-[acyl-carrier-protein] reductase (NADH)
- NADH-specific enoyl-ACP reductase.
- Enoyl-ACP reductase.
- NADH-enoyl acyl carrier protein reductase.
2,3-saturated acyl-[ACP] + NAD(+) = a (2E)-enoyl-[ACP] + H(+) + NADH
There are no Cofactors for this Enzyme
Enoyl ACP reductase catalyses the last step in fatty acid biosynthesis. Therefore it is a potential target for antibacterial agent development. It catalyses the NAD(P)H-dependent reduction of enoyl acyl carrier protein.
The bacterial form of the enzyme is different from the human form as it exists as a free globular protein rather than a part of a multienzyme complex. EACPR's show homology, and similarity to hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, and also beta-keto reductase, suggesting divergent evolution has played a role in the development of the pathway of lipid biosynthesis.
|AA||Uniprot||Uniprot Resid||PDB||PDB Resid|
overall reactant used, proton transfer, overall product formed, native state of enzyme regenerated, keto-enol tautomerisation, cofactor used, hydride transfer, michael addition
There are no kinetic parameters information for this Enzyme
- Synthesis and evaluation of phenylimidazole FabK inhibitors as new Anti-C. Difficile agents.
- Structure-based identification of novel inhibitors targeting the enoyl-ACP reductase enzyme of Acinetobacter baumannii.
- Facing Antitubercular Resistance: Identification of Potential Direct Inhibitors Targeting InhA Enzyme and Generation of 3D-pharmacophore Model by in silico Approach.
- Integrative transcriptome and proteome revealed high-yielding mechanisms of epsilon-poly-L-lysine by Streptomyces albulus.
- Mapping the castor bean endosperm proteome revealed a metabolic interaction between plastid, mitochondria, and peroxisomes to optimize seedling growth.
- Genomic analysis of the marine yeast Rhodotorula sphaerocarpa ETNP2018 reveals adaptation to the open ocean.
- Structure-based drug design of novel M. tuberculosis InhA inhibitors based on fragment molecular orbital calculations.
- Biotechnological production of omega-3 fatty acids: current status and future perspectives.
- Do Go Chasing Waterfalls: Enoyl Reductase (FabI) in Complex with Inhibitors Stabilizes the Tetrameric Structure and Opens Water Channels.
- Mitochondria-derived vesicles and their potential roles in kidney stone disease.
- An optimized reverse β-oxidation pathway to produce selected medium-chain fatty acids in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.