126.96.36.199 - Betaine-aldehyde dehydrogenase
- Betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase.
- Betaine aldehyde oxidase.
betaine aldehyde + H2O + NAD(+) = betaine + 2 H(+) + NADH
There are no Cofactors for this Enzyme
|AA||Uniprot||Uniprot Resid||PDB||PDB Resid|
inferred reaction step, hydride transfer, aromatic bimolecular nucleophilic addition, enzyme-substrate complex formation, bimolecular nucleophilic addition, proton transfer, enzyme-substrate complex cleavage, native state of enzyme regenerated, unimolecular elimination by the conjugate base
Organism KM Value [mM] Substrate Comment Spinacia oleracea 22 NAD+ mutant enzyme A441F, at pH 8.0 and 30°C Lycium ruthenicum 0.006 Betaine aldehyde pH 8.0, 30°C, recombinant isozyme LrAMADH1 Staphylococcus aureus 0.053 Betaine aldehyde mutant enzyme V288D, at pH 8.0 and 30°C
Organism Temperature Range Comment Limulus polyphemus 20 - 40 20°C: about 45% of maximal activity, 40°C: about 70% of maximal activity Leymus chinensis 30 assay at
Organism pH Range Comment Spinacia oleracea 7 - 9 pH 7.0: about 40% of maximal activity, pH 9.0: about 50% of maximal activity Pseudomonas aeruginosa 7 - 9.5 pH 7.0: about 50% of maximal activity, pH 9.5: about 75% of maximal activity Limulus polyphemus 7 - 8 pH 7.0: about 35% of maximal activity, pH 8.0: about 70% of maximal activity Leymus chinensis 7.8 - 10.1 assay at
- Degradation of betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase transgenic maize BZ-136 straw and its effects on soil nutrients and fungal community.
- Crystal structure of betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase from Burkholderia pseudomallei.
- Fragrance in Pandanus amaryllifoliusRoxb. Despite the Presence of a Betaine Aldehyde Dehydrogenase 2.
- Spectroscopic analysis of coenzyme binding to betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase dependent on potassium.
- Multi-omics analysis reveals the genetic basis of rice fragrance mediated by betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase 2.
- Transgenic tobacco co-expressing flavodoxin and betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase confers cadmium tolerance through boosting antioxidant capacity.
- Effect of the drug cyclophosphamide on the activity of porcine kidney betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase.
- A SNP of betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase (BADH) enhances an aroma (2-acetyl-1-pyrroline) in sponge gourd (Luffa cylindrica) and ridge gourd (Luffa acutangula).
- Heterogeneity of active sites in recombinant betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase is modulated by potassium.
- Betaine Aldehyde Dehydrogenase (BADH) vs. Flavodoxin (Fld): Two Important Genes for Enhancing Plants Stress Tolerance and Productivity.
- Decomposition of betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase transgenic maize straw and its effects on soil microbial biomass and microbiota diversity