How to use SPW
- Users will need to register with the EMPIAR deposition system to access the widget.
- Once a newly registered user has been authenticated, they will be directed to the home page of the widget.
- The home page contains a simple help section, which provides new users with definitions and a basic set of guidelines for use of the main widget controls. Once the user decides to create a protocol, they are given the option to start building a protocol from scratch or to edit a previously loaded protocol, either one that is available publicly or one previously created by the same user.
- Workflows in SPW have two different accessibility scopes: private and public. Users can create as many workflows as they want using the widget in the private scope.
- Once a workflow is submitted users will be able to publish the SP data. Saved protocols can be accessed within SPW in read-only mode. The protocols can be downloaded in JSON format and as images in PNG and SVG format (e.g., to include in reports or notebooks or as part of a manuscript submission).
The work on EMPIAR was funded from 2014 to 2021 by two project grants awarded to EMBL-EBI by MRC and BBSRC [MR/L007835/1, MR/P019544/1]. Since 2021, it benefits from funding from the Wellcome Trust [221371/Z/20/Z]. The work on SPW and EMPIAR is further supported by EMBL with funding from its member states.